Alright, so we all know about the Archived Compressed files, Right? Well, if you don’t already know, to reduce the size of certain files, folders or simply to archive them into a single file, we use certain File Compression utility software like the WinRAR, 7 ZIP etc. Well, archives compressed files are undoubtedly one of the best ways to share or even to backup some important files and other data.
Well, there are times when things do not go too well with Archive Files like zip, rar, 7z files. Anyways, a lot of users recently reported that they are getting a Windows cannot complete the extraction error. Well, it looks like that you are also getting the same. So today, in this post, we would be covering on the topic, How to fix Windows cannot complete the extraction error [SOLVED]. So without any further, we do, let’s top into it. Should we?
You may also like:-
- Fix Interrupt Exception not handled error Windows 10
- Fix Video Scheduler Internal Error Windows 10
- Fix Bad Image Error – Application.exe is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error
- How to Fix PFN_LIST_CORRUPT Error in Windows 10
- How to Fix DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD Error in Windows 10
- [Fixed] Err_Spdy_Protocol_Error in Chrome Browser
Windows cannot complete the extraction error [SOLVED]
Here are some of our solutions which would help you in solving the Windows cannot complete the extraction error.
Solution 1: By moving the Zip file to another location
The first thing that you should try in order to fix the Windows cannot complete the extraction error is move the zip file to any other location on your Windows PC. Here are the right steps to do so:
- First of all, you need to navigate to the zip file location and click on the zip file you are trying to open.
- Now, press the Ctrl + X key in order to cut the file.
- Go to your desktop and press the Ctrl + V keys to paste the file.
- Now, try to open the zip file from the desktop.
Did that work? No? Well, you can try our next solution.
Solution 2: By running SFC and CHKDSK
You can also try running the SFC and CHKDSK on your Windows PC. Here are the right steps to do so:
- First of all, you need to press the Windows + X key and then select/ click on the Command Prompt (Admin) option.
- Now, you need to type in the following command into the Command Prompt Window and hit the Enter key:
[su_note note_color=”#dfe4e1″ radius=”0″]
Sfc /scannow sfc /scannow /offbootdir=c:\ /offwindir=c:\windows (If above fails then try this one) [/su_note]
- Once done, restart your Windows PC.
- Now, start the Windows Explorer on your Windows PC.
- Here, right-click on the C: Drive and select the Properties option from the context menu.
- Now, click on the Tools tab and then click on the Check button under the Error Checking.
- There are times when the Check Disk does not work if you are using the same disk. But, then the computer prompts you to run the Check Disk after a reboot. You can schedule that.
- Anyways, wait till the installation process has been completed.
- Once done, simply restart your Windows PC.
Let us now take a look at our next solution to fix Windows cannot complete the extraction error. Should we?
Solution 3: By performing a Clean Boot
Here is another solution to fix Windows cannot complete the extraction error. This is by performing a clean boot on your Windows PC. Here’s how you can:
- First of all, you need to press the Windows Key + R keys on your keyboard to bring up the Run Command.
- Now, type in msconfig and hit the Enter key.
- Here, select the Selective Startup option and then also uncheck the load startup items option.
- Click on Apply and Ok.
- Now, select the Services tab check the option which says Hide all Microsoft services.
- Once done, click on the Disable All button. Clicking it will disable all the services.
- Finally, Restart your Windows PC.
Let us now take a look at our next solution which can help you in fixing the Windows cannot complete the extraction error. Should we?
Solution 4: By Using any third-party Compression Utility Software
If the error still persists, you can use any third-party Compression Utility Software to open or extract the archive files like .zip, .rar, .tar, and the .7Z. Here are the two third-party Compression Utility Software that we recommend you using:
Once you have downloaded any of the third-party Compression Utility Software. Simply install it on your Windows PC and try opening the archive file again. Let us now take a look at our last solution. Should we?
Solution 5: Rename the Archive File
You might not be able to open the Archive Zip file because the file name of the archive is too long. That’s why you can try renaming the archive file in order to fix this error. Here are the steps to do so:
- First of all, you need to navigate to the zip file location and right-click on the zip file you are trying to open.
- Now, select the Rename option from the context menu.
- Name the file something shorter which makes sense, like MyArchive etc.
- Save the file name.
- Try opening the archive file again.
So that’s it guys, this was our take on Windows cannot complete the extraction error [SOLVED]. We hope that you found this guide useful. Just in case, if you still have some queries, then feel free to leave them in the comments section down below.