Flashing firmware a big tricky for the normal users as it varies from one chipset to another.
It is very easy in some device, whereas take longer than usual in few. We are not going to discuss flashing for the all Chipset variants.
This guide is to learn how to Install Stock Rom with Qualcomm Flash Image Loader (QFIL).
QFIL tool helps you installing or flashing Stock Rom on your Android devices.
A bunch of android smartphones are running with Qualcomm Snapdragon processor. So many smartphone variants can be flashed with this tool.
We will share a guide to flash stock rom using QFIL Tool. Moreover, the user needs to follow some guidelines and arrange some tools which are as follows-
Requirements to Install Firmware with QFIL
- Have Correct firmware
- Charge mobile up to 70%
- Have Qualcomm Flash Image Loader (QFIL)
- Qualcomm supported USB drivers
- Your Device drivers
- Working USB cable
- A working PC/computer
- An internet connection to download important tools
Once you fulfil all the requirements, you are good to go to install stock rom on your android device using QFIL.
How to Install ROM with Qualcomm Flash Image Loader (QFIL)
Here are simple instructions to flash Stock rom on Qualcomm devices using QFIL tool.
Caution: Flashing can wipe entire mobile device. So please take backup of your entire phone data before following this tutorial.
2. Download & extract Firmware file (Stock Rom) on your pc.
3. Download & extract the Qualcomm Flash Image Loader (QFIL) zip file on your pc.
4. Run QFIL.exe from Unzip folder.
5. On QFIL, click on browse to locate the Firmware file your extracted previously.
6. QFIL flashes .mbn extensions, so find the file with .mbn extension.
7. Once you locate the file, click on Open button to launch it and start installation.
8. Now switch off your phone, Press and Hold Volume UP Key and Connect your phone with PC using a USB cable.
9. Click on Download button to start flashing process.
10. Sit back! Flashing may take 10-15 minutes to complete.
11. The device will boot automatically once the flashing is done.
Once flashing completes, disconnect device from your computer.
You need to make sure having drivers installed, using right firmware and right tool for flashing. Sometime, damaged USB cable can be cause of failure of flashing process. So make sure you follow all the guidelines that we have mentioned above. You must know exactly what are you doing before taking any action. Myquickidea won’t be liable for any damage during/ending of the process.