Do you need to transfer or exchange cash with a family member or a business partner?
Earlier, the only suitable way to make a cash deposit was through a standard bank account.
However, the same transactions can now be easily sent and received using a Netspend prepaid debit card.
Netspend is basically an international economic firm specializing in card transactions and payments. It issues Mastercard and Visa cards to anyone who does not have a bank account or who relies on various funding sources.
These cards don’t really need credit verification, have no authentication service charges, and have no minimum balance specifications.
Customers can use their Netspend cards, in the same way they would use any other debit card for cash withdrawal or making payments.
Knowing how to transfer money from one NetSpend to another is the main concern for those who have the Netspend card.
So, today, in this article, I will show you all that you need to know to transfer money from one Netspend card to another. Here’s how you can do it:
How To Transfer Money From One Netspend Card To Another (Mobile)
Both the Netspend Android application and the Netspend website allow you to transfer cash from one Netspend card to the other.
Here are the steps you need to follow to transfer money from one Netspend card over to another Netspend card using a mobile phone:
- Open the Netspend application on your smartphone.
- Select the menu option, which is basically the three horizontal lines.
- Scroll to the bottom.
- Then choose the “Move Money” option from the drop-down menu.
- Now, click the “add contact” button to add the person to whom you’re transferring money in your phone contacts. (Note: If the recipient is in your phone contact list, you could indeed skip this step.)
- Next, in the required field, add the amount you want to send, as well as a single line, word, or text as a reminder.
- Click Continue to move forward.
- A screen will appear, displaying your current available account balance.
- Double-check and verify the payment.
- If all appears to be in order, press the “Never Mind” button.
How To Transfer Money From One Netspend Card To Another (PC/Website)
Netspend’s website is as easy to use as its mobile-based application. Below are listed the steps that you need to follow to transfer money from one Netspend card to another from the website:
- Browse the Netspend website and sign in with your ID and password.
- Choose the “Move Money” tab located on the left-hand side drop-down menu.
- Then choose the “Send Money” option again.
- If somehow the person is not in your phone contact list, enter his or her name and Netspend FlashPayID if you have it.
- Next, specify the amount you want to send as well as a text notification, which is optional.
- Then, tap Continue to review and verify your balance and transferable amount.
- Ultimately, tap on the “Send Money” option to finish the transfer of cash.
What do you need to know for transferring money from one Netspend card to another?
It is extremely simple to transfer cash from one Netspend card to another! All you need is the other person’s username and FlashPay ID to deposit cash from one NetSpend card to the other.
Read on to discover the things you need to know for transferring money from one Netspend card to another.
1. You must Possess an Active Card
You simply cannot send money from one Netspend card to another with an inactivated or deactivated card. As a result, you need to verify that your card is activated as per the laid down instructions. After that, you can use that card to transfer money or for any other purpose. In fact, with an active card, you can even send money from Netspend to a bank account.
2. the recipient’s name & FlashPay ID
As mentioned before, FlashPay is a Netspend product that enables money transactions. FlashPay is also used by PayPal, which happens to be among the broadest mobile payment portals. Thus, each Netspend card user should have a FlashPay ID to enable money transfers.
3. Cash goes from one card to another via the internet
To transfer money from your Netspend card account to another online, you are required to first sign up through the online platform or via the Netspend application. Choose a stable WiFi connection to avoid unnecessary malicious activities or cyberattacks. Public WiFi is generally unstable, so prevent it as much as possible.
4. Netspend Prepaid Visa has a maximum limit of $4999 per day
You cannot surpass the maximum limit of $4,999 if you are transferring money from one Netspend card to another. In other words, the receiver’s balance must not exceed this retaining limit.
5. You can get an overdraft to top up your balance.
If you transfer money from your Netspend card and your account has an inadequate balance, you can apply for an overdraft to top up your card balance. Overdrafts of up to $10 are not charged. However, any overdraft amounts greater than $10 would then incur a $15 charge.
6. Delayed Transfers If Recipient’s Account has issues
Sometimes, it is possible that the recipient you are sending money to may have some issues with their card accounts, such as inaccurate information, fraudulent activity, and many other inconsistencies. Due to this, the transfer can be delayed for a certain period, and the money can be held up for a while while the organization examines the issue.
7. Deposit money into a netspend account holder even when you’re abroad
As Netspend cards are either MasterCard or Visa accepted worldwide, they can be used across boundaries. Thus, in situations where a friend of yours is going overseas and requires money, you can easily deposit cash into their account. They will be able to then use it at different locations that accept the card.
Other Ways to Send Money from One Netspend Card to Another
Here are the other methods with which you can transfer money from one Netspend card to another:
If you have a bank account and a Netspend card, you can combine the two to transfer money using both. However, for this, you need a bank account with a registered account for it to operate. Thus, you must double-check with Netspend prior to actually continuing.
It’s important to note that there are charges if you transfer this cash in via a Netspend customer service representative. To prevent such extra charges, you can transfer funds digitally or via mobile accounts. Your bank can also charge a fee, so double-check before actually transferring any funds!
Pay Your Bill Online
Rather than posting cheques or standing in huge lines, you can now pay your own bills using your Netspend Account Number and Routing Number. Verify with your Online Account Center for this information. After you have the above information, you can indeed pay your bills online in the same way that you choose to with every other debit or credit card.
The Western Union
You can use your Netspend Card to transfer and receive Western Union money in more than 200 nations. The charges for the same are determined at the time of the transaction and can fluctuate depending on the financial institution that endorses the card. Make sure you check the charges prior to actually transferring the money to prevent unforeseen problems!
Also, note that such a feature is really only accessible on certain card programs. You can also check this with your online account center to see if the feature is readily accessible to you.
Spots for Netspend Reloads
Customers can also add money to their Netspend cards from over 130K Netspend reload locations in the U.S. Loading your card is possible at check cashers, groceries, gas stations, as well as other participating locations across the nation.
It is extremely simple to transfer money from one netspend card to another. All you need is the recipient’s name and FlashPlay ID to transfer cash to them instantly.
A gentle reminder to the reader to verify each and every transfer fee ahead of time and double-check that all the data is completely right prior to actually transferring money to family, friends, or relatives.
The NetSpend card is simple to obtain and is available online or at a variety of stores nationwide. Join up for a Netspend card irrespective of your credit score. There is no deposit needed, and you certainly do not have to go through any other complex or difficult process.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How long does it take to transfer money from one Netspend card to another?
Once you transfer cash from your Netspend card to another online, the money appears instantly in your account. As a result, you will no longer have to wait to see your increased account balance as you can receive the money within no time.
2. How do I transfer money from my Netspend card to my cash App?
Here are the steps to transfer money from my netspend card to my cash App:
- To start, install my Cash application.
- Tap the button in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- A new page appears.
- Select the “Add Bank” option.
- Enter the necessary information, including your Netspend account number and routing number, that you can easily obtain by logging into your Netspend account.
3. How do I send money from a Netspend card to a bank account?
Money cannot be transferred from a Netspend card to a bank account. The reason is that Netspend in itself is designed to collect money in the same way that any financial institution does.
You can, indeed, transfer funds from your bank account to your Netspend card. The most you can do is use your financial institution account’s routing number and bank information to do just that.
4. How to Get A Netspend card?
You can get a customized Netspend card if you complete a brief online purchase form! There really are no credit checks or additional fees required to do so. You will be required to provide your name, postal address, date of birth, as well as other information that can assist in determining your eligibility to activate the card account.
Hey Reader, Welcome to MyQuickIdea. I am Nikhil Saini, started MyquickIdea as a passion and now it’s now covering different topics like Blogging, SEO, Marketing, Technology, Finance, Stock Market, Fintech, etc. I always prefer pushing quality content for my readers. I hope you would be liking it.