All the Redmi Note 3 users, I am sharing a guide with you to root your phone and install TWRP recovery on it. I know it has been long to the launching of the Note 3, but people still search for the best guide that can help them to get root access of their redmi Note 3 phone.
Redmi Note 3 comes with the two variants. One comes with Mediatek Processor and another with Snadragon processor. In this article, we will learn how to root Xiaomi redmi note 3 snadragon variant. For Mediatek variant, read the following article –
So this article is purely dedicated to root & install TWRP recovery on Redmi Note 3 with Snapdragon processor. Don’t try to use it with the Mediatek variant.
It creates confusion at times, so it you should an app to check the processor your Redmi Note 3 device. It is called CPU-Z app. Install it on your mobile and open to check the processor your mobile built with.
Let’s me draw your attention towards few important points…
- Create backup of device before getting into this process.
- Rooting your phone will remove the warranty cover.
- Any wrong step in rooting or TWRP recovery may brick your phone.
- Unlock bootloader before flashing TWPR recovery.
- This guide is strictly for the Redmi Note 3 working on Snapdragon processor.
- Charge your mobile up to 80%.
How To Root Xaiomi Redmi Note 3 And Install TWRP Recovery [Snapdragon Variant]
Step – 1
- Enable debugging in your Xiaomi phone.
- Download & install Minimal ADB fastboot toolon pc.
- Download & install ADB driverson pc.
- Download & Install Xaiomi USB Driverson pc for better result.
- Download ZCX TWRP Recovery v3 package For Xaiomi Note 3 snapdragon.
- Download latest supersuto flash with TWRP
Step – 2
Unlock bootloader of Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 built with Snandragon Processor
Step – 3
Install TWRP Recovery On Xaiomi Redmi Note 3
1) Just disable windows driver Signature Enforement on your pc.
2) Make sure you have installed Adb drivers and Xiaomi Drivers on your pc.
3). Extract the ZCX TWRP recovery package.
4). The USB debugging should be enabled on your phone.
5). Now connect your phone with PC using USB cable.
6). Open the extracted ZCX TWRP recovery package.
7). Open flash.bat. It will run a script to detect your phone and installs TWRP recovery on it. Finally, reboot phone into ZCX TWRP interface.
Note: You may need to put your phone into fastboot mode if it doesn’t get detected. In that case, press power button+volume down button together and hold until you see a bunny sign on the phone’s screen.
8). Now you are on the TWRP interace. Here you need to change the default language to English to perform the tasks easily.
9). Now go back to the main menu of TWRP and choose “Settings”. Here enable “Support MIUI-OTA” and “Disable Root-System DM-Verity“. This is essential task to perform otherwise your phone will not receive any future OTA update.
10). The ZCX version of TWRP has already included the SuperSU to gain the root access of your Redmi phone. Just go to main menu of TWRP>>Choose Advanced >> then choose SuperSU>> do the “Swipe to install SuperSU” action >>. Wait until flashing is done. Finally, tap on “Reboot System”.
If any problem occurs with SuperSU, then feel free to download the latest version SuperSU and transfer it to your phone. Then perform flash by getting into TWRP>> Install >> Locate and choose the SuperSU .zip file >> Swipe to confirm flash.
11). Wait until your phone comes to normal phone from the reboot state. You can unplug your phone from USB cable.
In the normal condition, install the Root Checker app on your phone and check if you have root access or not.