It really make us feel tech-savvy when we can control our home entertainment instruments like Setup box, TVs, audio receivers, DVD Players with just an smarphone. Mobile phones are packed with lots of advanced features these days and Infrared (IR) Blaster is one of them. It allows them to control many home appliances as well. The users can explore this feature with Remote apps. We will talk about Peel Remote app, which is quite popular remote app.
What is Peel Remote or Peel Mi Remote?
Peel Remote (also known as Peel Mi Remote) is an app which converts your smartphone into universal remote powering it to control appliances like Air-Conditioner, Television, Setup Boxes, and some other devices. The app uses IR Blaster feature (available only in a few smartphones) in smartphones to give directions to appliances.
Few Smartphone manufacturing companies like Samsung and HTC have preloaded this app on their devices before shipping. This app has gained so much traction but now users’ interest towards this app has come down due to annoying ads and lock screen overlays. Also app keeps on running in background without notifying user.
Although, the company has given an option in Setting Menu on device to Turn it OFF.
Features of Peel Smart Remote App:
Lets’ see some amazing features of Peel App before turning it off into your smartphone.
- The app is easy to navigate because of graphical interface.
- Voice assistant within app allows controlling some basic functions of your television.
- Allows you to directly casts Youtube content for live streaming
- The virtual remote available in the app features all the buttons like a real remote.
- The TV guide offers related information about the shows and also gives personalized recommendations. You can see what’s trending and recently watched.
Disable/Uninstall Peel Remote App from your Android device
Many of you will be searching to uninstall/disable this app in different ways as per your smartphone brand. Some of them are given below:-
- How do I uninstall Peel Remote App from Samsung Galaxy S6?
- How do I remove a Peel Remote from my Android phone?
- How do I remove the Peel Remote App?
- How do I uninstall a Peel Remote from Samsung?
- How do I remove a peel remote from my phone?
- How do I remove peel remote?
- How do I get rid of Peel remote on Galaxy S5?
- How do I disable apps on my phone?
Here is a common method for all android devices to stop/disable Peel Remote app.
- Open Settings on your smartphone.
- Tap on Apps and search for Peel Smart Remote App from the list.
- Tap on the Peel Remote and you should see Disable and Force Stop button. Simply Tap on ‘Disable’.
For Samsung Smartphones:-
Go to Settings and Click on Apps.
Next Click on 3-Dot button and Tap on Special Access or you can search Draw over in Settings and OFF/Disable the permission for Peel Smart Remote app in other OEM devices.
Next Click on Appear on Top and turn off the permission for Peel Smart Remote in your Samsung device.
Go back and then select Change system settings and toggle off the permission for the Peel Remote application.
Before disabling Peel Remote app, this method will remove the updates that you have installed for it from the day you have bought it and will be reset to factory version.
If you want to activate it again on your smartphone, then simply go to Setting > Apps > Peel Remote and Click on Enable.
I hope you have successfully removed the Peel Remote app from your smartphone and won’t be seeing ads and overlays. If you are facing any issue in following this process, do comment down below. We would love to help you.