Alright, so there is no denying the fact that when it comes to premium smartphones, the name which comes in everybody’s mind is none other than the Apple’s iPhones. Now, one of the most popular and the best sellers of the Apple iPhones is the iPhone 7. Well, though the iPhones are extremely good when it comes to reliability and quality. But at the same time, we cannot deny the fact that there is nothing like a “Perfect Device”. Right?
Well, that’s the case with the Apple iPhone 7 too. Now, a lot of users recently reported that they are facing a situation where iPhone 7 won’t turn on or Charge. But you need not to worry as we at the MyQuickIdea has got you covered. Today, in this post, we would be covering on How to fix an iPhone 7 that won’t turn on or Charge. So without any further, we do, let’s top into it. Should we?
Fix an iPhone 7 that won’t turn on or Charge
Here are some of our methods which you can use in order to fix an iPhone 7 that won’t turn on or Charge. With that being said, let us now take a look at our first method. Should we?
Method 1: By charging your iPhone more
Alright, so we don’t want you to misunderstand this method by the heading. Now, no we don’t mean to say simply put your device on the charge and turn it on as soon as you plug in the charger. Because the chances are that you have already tried doing so. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- First of all, plug in your charger in the socket.
- Now, plug the lightning cable in your iPhone 7.
- Let the iPhone 7 sit there charging for at least 45 minutes.
- Once done, remove the iPhone from the charge and try turning it on. It should work now.
Did that work? No? Well, you can try using our next method.
Method 2: By inspecting the Charger and Cable
In this step, we would be inspecting the charger and cable of your iPhone 7. Now, we would suggest you inspect your Adapter and the cable too. Here are the things that you should inspect for in the charger.
- Inspect the connector. Is it broken? Does it have some marks or Is it bent? Well, if the answer is Yes to any of the above questions, then you do need to get a new one.
- Look for any bending or cuts near the plug or the connector. Is there any extraordinary bent between the cable? Well, you can try taping the affected area and see if that works.
- Inspect the adapter. Now, we won’t recommend you to open and inspect the adapter unless you are a professional or know what exactly are you doing.
You can also try to borrow an iPhone charger from your colleague who has a compatible one. See if that charger works. If it does, then the chances are that your iPhone 7 charger is damaged and need to be replaced. With that being said, let us now take a look at our next method.
Method 3: By performing Soft Reset
You can also try performing a Soft Reset on your iPhone 7 to see if that works. Here are the steps which you need to follow in order to do so:
- First of all, you need to put the device on the charge for about 30 minutes.
- Now, you need to press and Hold Down the Volume Down + Power buttons together for about 10 – 15 seconds until you see the Apple Logo flashing on the screen.
- That’s it! Your iPhone 7 should work fine now.
Let us now take a look at our last method which can be useful in fixing an iPhone 7 that won’t turn on or charge.
Method 4: Take it to the Geeks
If none of the above methods works for you, then the chances are that your iPhone 7 is damaged and needed to be treated. We would recommend you visit the nearest service centre. They do know how to fix your iPhone 7. We will always recommend you visit an official Apple’s authorised service center for better results.
So that’s it, guys. This was our take on How to fix an iPhone 7 won’t turn on or Charge. We hope that you found this guide helpful. Just in case, if you have stuck somewhere between the steps or had any questions related to the topic. Then, feel free to leave them in the comments section down below.