Alright, so it looks like that you are using the latest Xiaomi Redmi 5. Well, that’s great! Xiaomi’s Redmi series is one of the best ones and does has a lot of great Android Devices on a budget. This is the case with the Redmi 5 as well. If you are someone who likes getting the most out of it or customizing your device according to your taste and likings, then the chances are that you are already very well aware of the term Rooting. For starters, Rooting is simply the process of gaining privileged control (known as root access) over various Android subsystems.
This opens the doors of customization and other options. Now, there are a lot of myths related to Rooting. One of the most common one being Rooting your Android Device will end up destroying it. Well, that is not true in any way. But surely it can if you don’t know what you are doing or do something wrong with the process. Anyways, today, in this post, we would be covering on How to Root Redmi 5 and Install TWRP Recovery. Now if that sounds interesting, let us hop into it. Should we?
How to Root Redmi 5 and Install TWRP Recovery
To Root our Xiaomi Redmi 5, we first need to install the TWRP Recovery on the same. Now, before we take a look at the Steps to install TWRP Recovery on Redmi 5, let us first take a look at the pre-requisites. Should we?
Here is a list of pre-requisites which you’ll need in order to root your Redmi 5:
- A Redmi 5 (this method will work on no other device other than the Redmi 5).
- You should have an unlocked bootloader on your Android Device.
- A Windows PC with ADB & Fastboot Installed.
- Make sure that your device has at least 60% of charge left.
Once you have the above pre-requisites, you are all set to install TWRP Recovery on your Redmi 5. So let us now take a look at the steps which we need to follow for the same.
Steps to install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi 5:
Here are the steps which you need to follow in order to install TWRP Recovery on your Xiaomi Redmi 5:
- First of all, you need to download and install the Xiaomi Redmi 5 drivers on your Windows PC.
- Now, on your device, go to Settings > About Phone > tap-8 times on MIUI Version to unlock Developer Options.
- Go back to the Settings > Additional Settings > Developer options > Here, Enable USB Debugging option.
- Now, you need to download the TWRP Recovery image file on your PC from here.
- Once done, place the TWRP Image file on your desktop.
- On your desktop, Right-click anywhere while holding down the Shift key on the Keyboard. From the context menu, click on the “Open PowerShell window here” or “Open Command Window Here” option.
- Turn off your Redmi 5 and boot it into the bootloader mode by turning off the device and turning it back on by holding down the Power On button + Volume Down keys altogether.
- Now, connect your Redmi 5 to your Windows PC via a USB Cable.
- In the Command Window, you need to type in the following and hit the Enter key on your keyboard:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.2.1-0-rosy.img
- Once the process has been completed, restart your Android Device by entering the following command:
- That’s it! Your device will now restart!
Great Job Major! You have successfully installed the TWRP Recovery on your Redmi 5. Let us now take a look at the Steps to Root your Redmi 5.
Steps to Root Redmi 5
Here are the steps which you need to follow in order to root your Redmi 5:
- First of all, you need to make sure that you have installed TWRP Recovery on your Android Device.
- Download the Magisk Root on your Redmi 5.
- Now, you need to boot your device into the Recovery Mode, you can do so by turning off the device and turning it back on by holding down the Power On button + Volume Up keys altogether.
- In the Recovery Mode, tap on the Install
- Now, locate the Magisk Zip which you downloaded earlier and tap on the same.
- Finally, Swipe to Confirm the Flash.
- Wait for the flashing process to get completed.
- Now, tap on the Reboot
- This will restart your Android Device.
So that’s it guys, this was our take on How to Root Redmi 5 and Install TWRP Recovery. We hope that you found this post useful. Let us know your thoughts on this in the comments section down below.