Alright, so it looks like that you are someone who is a blogger or maybe an influencer. Now, you might be finding a way to take a look at How many pages are on your or your competitor’s website. Well, there can be a couple of reasons behind this. Maybe you want to get an estimate of the competition. Or maybe you are just curious to know about it. Whatever the case might be, the thing is that you want to find out the number of pages on a website and you want to do it quick.
Well, there are a few methods using which you can take a look at the number of pages on a Website. Today, in this post of MyQuickIdea, we would be covering two such methods which work best all the times. With that being said, let us now start our take on How to Find Number of Pages on a Website. Should we?
How to Find Number of Pages on a Website
Here are our two methods which you can use in order to find the number of pages on a website. Let us now take a look at our first method.
Method 1: Using XML Sitemap
Alright, so using XML Sitemap is unarguably the best method to find out how many pages a website actually has. Well, it is pretty simple and works almost every single time. Also, finding the number of pages on a website using the XML Sitemap ain’t a big deal as it is pretty simple, quick and easy. Now, let us take a look at the steps you need to perform in order to find out the number of pages on a website.
Here are the correct steps:
- First of all, visit the website you want to find the number of pages for.
- Now, add the /sitemap.xml at the end of the URL. Like: http://sitename.com/sitemap.xml and hit the Enter key.
- If the above URL does not work, then you can try http://sitename.com/sitemap_index.xml.
- Here, you should be able to take a look at the total number of pages on a website. Simply click on the Page sitemap and it will show you the number of URLs.
Now, if for some reason, the above method does not work for you, then you can also try using our next method.
Method 2: Using Site: query
Now, if you are an SEO analyst or a blogger, then you should already know about the Google Operators. Some of these come under the Dork, but we would not be covering all of them in this post. Anyways, the operator we are talking about here is the Site:
Well, without any further we do, let us actually quickly take a look at the steps you need to follow in order to find the number of pages on a website using the site: query. Should we?
- First of all, you need to visit Google.
- Now, type in Site: followed by the site URL for which you want to find the number of pages. For example Site: www.myquickidea.com.
- Here, take a look at the About <number of pages> results at the top just below the search box.
- There you have it. The number of pages of the website.
So that’s it guys, this was our take on How to Find Number of Pages on a Website. We hope that you found this guide helpful. Just in case, if you have stuck somewhere between the steps or had any questions related to the topic. Then, feel free to leave them in the comments section down below.