Download the Latest version of Standard SATA AHCI Controller driver on your Computer Operating System. Here we will show you each and everything in detail on downloading and Installing the driver on your computer. On Windows 10, always there is a problem of Standard SATA AHCI Controller driver problem. And as you update to Windows 10, the Windows 7 SATA AHCI Controller driver will not work with Windows 10. This problem occurs from restarting the PC or shutting down or in sleep mode.
Before we get into the details first let us know What is Standard SATA AHCI Controller?
What is Standard SATA AHCI Controller?
The full form of AHCI is Advanced Host Controller Interface. An AHCI is a hardware technical standard defined by Intel to specify SATA (Serial ATA). It is a host bus adapter and is made to provide a standardized way to detect, configure and programme adapters.
Methods To Download Standard AHCI Controller Driver
To download Standard AHCI Controller Driver, there are different methods available. Here we have shown the methods by which you can download Standard SATA AHCI controller on your Windows 10. Follow the given steps and download it.
Method 1: How To Download Standard SATA AHCI Controller Driver via Device Manager
The first method to download Standard AHCI controller Driver is to download via Device Manager. Follow the given steps and start downloading.
- First of all, go to Device Manager on your PC.
- Go to Start menu and search for Device manager.
- There click on IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers
- Then open Standard SATA AHCI Controllers
- Now, do a right click on it and Update driver
- It will ask you how do you want to search for drivers? There choose first option Search Automatically for updated driver software.
- Now, Windows 10 will search for the updated driver on your PC and online
That’s It! You have successfully downloaded and installed the best and latest Standard SATA AHCI Controller driver for your Windows 10. The Incompatibility issue can disappear from your computer.
Method 2: Download And Install Standard SATA AHCI Controller Driver Automatically
The best and per tool for downloading or updating Standard SATA AHCI Controller driver is DRIVER DOCTOR. This tool is the best and safe tool to get the latest AHCI drivers to solve all the problems on Standard SATA AHCI Controller.
So, you need to download the Driver Doctor tool on your PC so that you can run it and it helps you update the Windows 10 controller drivers.
[su_button url=”http://devicedoctor.com/” target=”blank” style=”flat” size=”7″ center=”yes”]Download Link of Driver Doctor[/su_button]
Follow the steps to use the Driver Doctor Tool.
- First, download the tool from the given link.
- Open it and click on SCAN NOW
- Now, the tool is authorized to search for PC of the corrupted drivers
- Then click on Get Drivers
- And, tap on DOWNLOAD ALL to get the outdated drivers updated on Windows 10.
- Now, Install all the drivers with the given instructions on the screen.
So, this is how you can download Standard SATA AHCI Controller driver via Driver Doctor.
Method 3: Download And Install Standard SATA AHCI Controller Via Driver Talent tool
Download the Driver Talent Tool one time and fix all the AHCI Driver problems.
[su_button url=”https://www.drivethelife.com/” target=”blank” style=”flat” size=”7″ center=”yes”]Download Link of Driver Talent[/su_button]
Follow the steps to use the Driver Talent Tool:
- First, download the tool from the given link
- Open it and click on SCAN to detect if there is an incorrect configured AHCI driver
- In One click on download and install the Driver
- Tap on Update to download AHCI driver for Windows
- To fix the driver problem click on Repair
- Now, restart the PC and do not forget to reboot to make the driver changes.
So, this is how you can download standard SATA AHCI controller driver windows 10 for free.
Now, let us see the difference between AHCI and IDE.
Difference between AHCI and IDE.
Mostly, people do mistake on AHCI for IDE ( Integrated Drive Electronics), it is the storage interface. AHCI and IDE are the modes where hard drive communicates with Windows 10, 7, 8 by SATA controller driver. If we compare with IDE, AHCI runs faster and has more advantages like Hot-plugging and native command. In simple we can say, for older Operating system, IDE is the best options and for Windows 10 AHCI is best.
So, if you are having Windows 10 operating system, then AHCI is best. Download the Standard SATA AHCI controller driver for Windows 10.
Difference Between SATA and AHCI?
The full form of SATA is Serial ATA interface, it operates on AHCI and IDE and it performs at high data speed. AHCI has a great future like hot plugging and NCQ to SATA, which is also used for storage media. AHCI is the new programming standard which defines a new mode for SATA, but AHCI mode has other modes for SATA, like IDE and RAID mode.
IDE, AHCI and RAID mode means for SATA?
The three modes are IDE, AHCI, and RAID are three different modes for SATA in BIOS Settings. Now, let us see what do these three modes means?
1.IDE Mode: This mode is applied in earlier windows system without the hot plugging and NCQ capabilities. Mostly, for Parallel ATA hard disks.
2. AHCI Mode: It is for Windows 10 with the new features for SATA.
3. RAID Mode: It is the storage technology shifting more tasks to a single unit which can be divided into Raid 0 to 6. Depends on different disk drives.
Update Standard AHCI Controller Driver
As we have explained you about AHCI, and other modes for SATA, now update its AHCI controller driver on your windows 10. We have shown different methods to download and install it. Check it out to download the latest AHCI controller drivers for Windows 10.
So, this is how you can free download standard SATA AHCI controller driver windows 10. We have shown you step by step guide to download and install the Standard SATA AHCI controller driver. There are different methods to download it so check out which you feel is best. There are all details given which can help you out.
We hope you liked this article and is helpful for you. Stay tuned for more and latest updates.
- No Boot Disk Has Been Detected or the Disk Has Failed [SOLVED]
- Fix USB Error Code 52 Windows cannot Verify the Digital Signature
- Fix USB device not recognized by Windows 10 [SOLVED]
- How to Fix Driver Power State Failure in Windows 10
- What Hard Drive do I have | Windows 10