As we know that Xiaomi has not released its bootloader Unlock tool for Mac and Linux officially. Many people search for Mi unlock tool for Mac and Linux. We also came to know about this need and researched about it.
After doing a hell lot of research, we found that no any tool is providing service to unlock bootloader in Mi phones.
There was a tool which was developed by the Fransisco as MI unlock Tool for MAC and Linux users. People started using it for their Xiaomi phones, but errors are all over there.
You see on the XDA forum thread where users are writing about issues while using this tool.
We want to make it clear that it was a third party tool, was not associated with Xiaomi company any way.
The main objective of writing this post is to aware users about the reality, so they can save the time and efforts.
Is there any way to Use MI Unlock Tool for MAC and Linux?
Yes, There is a method to install and use Mi Unlock tool for MAC and Linux both. However, it’s a bit tough to implement, but if you are determined to unlock bootloader on your MI phone and are a Linux/Mac user, then you can use this method.
- Install Virtual box on your MAC/Linux PC. [Virtual box for MAC | Linux ]
- Install windows on it [recommended windows 10]
- After installing Windows on it, Download MI Unlock Tool for Windows and Install it.
- Install MI USB Drivers.
- Connect your device with pc and run the Unlock Tool.
- Your device information should be visible on the tool screen.
- Click on Bypass mi account to unlock phone.
This is the way to Unlock Bootloader in your Xiaomi phone. It will take time to perform all these tasks. You should think before using any third party tool to unlock your MI phone. The post is not for defaming any person or product or service. It is just to improve the life of MI users.