Security issues have been popping up a lot more than usual these days, and it is better to be safe than sorry. If you’re worried about the safety and security of your loved ones, you should install security cameras everywhere around your house. These security cameras come in a lot of different varieties and one of the most prominent ones are the Blink Security CCTV cameras.
To manage and control these CCTV cameras, you would need to install the blink app on your PC. Blink app is used almost everywhere concerning blink CCTV cameras. This surveillance tool allows you to access the live feed of your CCTV cameras. The full name of this app is the Blink home monitor app. You need to have this app installed on your device to control the CCTV cameras.
In this article, you would find features of the Blink home monitor app, how to download and install the app, and what are the different ways that you can download it using Android emulators, followed by conclusions.
Immedia Semiconductor Company is the company that developed this app. The app has several amazing features, and some of them are listed below in points. Note that you would need to have the Blink CCTV camera or the Blink IP camera before you get the app. The points are as follows:-
- Although it is a surveillance app, it has an easy navigation UI and is also very simple to use.
- You don’t need to pay for the Blink app for PC, because you would pay for the camera device and this app comes complimentary with it.
- You can integrate all your home cameras together on this app.
- You can manage and monitor up to seven different cameras on this app.
- You can turn on the live feed from your app, on your cameras.
- The quality of output of these home CCTV surveillance cameras, are in HD.
- There is a smart motion detector in these cameras, that you can turn on which would detect any suspicious movement with great detail, and alert you about it.
- Plus you can communicate with each other in your house with the help of security cameras by speaking into one of them and checking the feed on the other side.
Before we go on to the download part, I want to tell you that this is not officially available for desktop users. This is why we need to first create an environment inside your PC, that would help us to download our app.
To create this environment, we need to have an Android emulator, and then use the same Android app on our PC. The best Android emulator that you can find online is MEmu Play. Let us first MEmu Play on your PC. The steps to download are as follows:-
- Go to the official website of MEmu Play, and follow the instructions on the website to download MEmu Play.
2. Now launch the app.
3. In another tab, open your Gmail account and log in with your details. Or, you can directly skip this step and open it from the playstore.
4. First, change the display to android, and then go to the Play Store and search for Blink Home Monitor App.
5. Now with the help of this emulator, install the Blink app on your PC.
6. Now open the app, to start using.
You can even use the BlueStack Android emulator for installing the blink app on your computer. Once you download the BlueStack Android emulator, you can follow the steps above, or click here, to download the blink app for your PC.
Now that you have installed the app on your PC, using an Android emulator, you now have to connect the blink CCTV camera with the app. To do this, you need to scan a QR code present on the security cameras, from your smartphone or PC, and then you can connect both of them by adding your camera device to the app. You will get a notification if you connect your cameras with the app successfully. Follow the steps given below to connect your cameras:-
- You need to first connect to your device, with the Blink server. To do this, go to the sync module, and click on it. You will see a green line, which would define that now you are connected to the server.
2. Now add cameras, by clicking on the plus icon, on the home screen.
3. Once you are directed to the ‘Add Device’ section, you would find all the cameras connected on your Blink app server.
4. You can now add your cameras on the ‘Add Device’ section, by scanning the QR code on the camera’s body. Once you scan the QR code, the device would automatically appear on the screen.
5. If for some reason, you do not have a camera on your PC, you can enter the serial number present just below the battery compartment, to connect the same.
6. Once everything is done, you will even receive tips from your app, and it will guide you to place it in a good spot.
If you genuinely worry about your loved ones, you need to have a security camera or a CCTV installed inside your house, to make sure that everyone and everything is safe and secure. Blink home monitor camera and blink app is a perfect combination that would guarantee the security you are looking for. Make sure that you follow all the steps given above, so that you can install and use the Blink app on your PC.
Although there are many things, such as your camera can get hacked, since it is susceptible to Wi-Fi interference, you need to make sure that you are using the same with utmost care and concern. There are also substitutes available for the blink home monitor app, and the substitute is the Arlo app, Reolink app, PTZ control and so on.