Alright, so if you have recently bought a new Laptop or a Windows PC. The first thing that you do is a search for a good program to keep your System safe and secure. Or maybe you decided to take care of your Windows PC by installing some programs. Well, someone might have suggested you go with an antivirus, some might have recommended getting Internet Security, and the Total Security program. So, there you are scratching your head as you are confused between the Antivirus and Internet Security and Total Security program.
Well, you might not know the exact difference between the three. That’s why you decided to search for the difference between Antivirus and Internet Security and Total Security and that’s when you landed up here on this page of MyQuickIdea. Well, we won’t let you down. Today, in this post, we would be covering on the Difference between Antivirus and Internet Security and Total Security 2020. So without any further, we do, let’s top into it. Should we?
Difference between Antivirus and Internet Security and Total Security 2020
We would try to make this post as easier as it can be for you guys. So, here we go, let us first take a look at What exactly is Antivirus Softwares and how can they protect your Windows PC. Should we?
What is an Antivirus Software?
Alright, so What is an Antivirus Software for Windows PC, you ask. Well, an Antivirus Software, as the name suggests will protect your Windows Computer System from threats like Virus, Malware, Adware, Trojans and more. Now, we cannot rely completely on an Antivirus Software since it lacks some of the features like protection against network attacks, parental controls, software updates, VPN and various other services.
Well, here is a quick list of tasks that an Anti-Virus Software can do for your Windows PC:
- Will provide protection against viruses and other types of malware which includes spyware, rootkits, ransomware, adware and much more.
- Can protect your PC when browsing the web, against files which might be infected, websites that distribute malware, malicious ads and even those doing phishing attempts.
- Antivirus System Softwares consumes fewer system resources, when compared to internet security suites or total security software.
- The Price of Antivirus software is quite affordable when compared to total security software for Windows PC.
What is Internet Security Suite?
An Internet Security Suite, as the name suggests is specially developed to protect your Windows PC from malicious attempts, data leak and other malware attacks which might be caused to your PC when connected to the Internet. There are a lot of benefits that an Internet Security Suite offers like Firewall, anti-spam, identity protection and much more. Internet Security Software also does have some drawbacks like consuming more resources, higher price and more.
Here is a quick list of tasks that an Internet Security Suite can do for your Windows PC:
- Firewall modules can protect you against a lot of network attacks.
- Many Internet Security suites come with Anti-Spam features that can protect your PC against unwanted spam emails if you are using any email clients.
- Few internet security suites offer you tools that enhances your privacy and the security of tasks like doing and performing online shopping and banking. Some tools also help you generate secure passwords and more.
- Many internet security suites include a parental control module that can be quite useful when you want to monitor and control the computing activities.
Well, let us now take a look at What does Total Security Suite or Software has to offer to Windows users. Should we?
What is the Total Security Suite?
Now, as the name suggests Total Security Suite is a complete package of security for your Windows PC. The Total Security Suite comes with a lot of features. These include VPNs, File Encryptions, backup, anti-malware and much more. The downside of a Total Security Suite is that it is a bit on the pricier side when compared to Antivirus and Internet Security Suite.
Here is a quick list of tasks that a Total Security Suite can do for your Windows PC:
- A lot of Total Security Suite comes with a built-in VPN or a Virtual Private Network. Now, for those of you who don’t know What a VPN is, it’s a Private Network which will let you browse the web anonymously.
- With Total Security Suite, users can encrypt their files. Encrypting the important files on your Windows PC ensures that they are safe and not vulnerable.
- Total Security Suite has some backup tools built into themselves. Using this Backup tools, the users can backup and store their data on an external hard drive and even on their cloud storage accounts like Dropbox, Google Drive etc.
- Total Security Suite can also protect your Windows PC from threats like Virus, Malware, Adware, Trojans and more.
- A Total Security Suite may come with a lot of other tools as well, like Disk Defragment, Cleaning files, shredding documents and more.
So, that was the difference between Antivirus and Internet Security and Total Security 2020. Are you still not clear about Which one should you choose?
Which one Should you choose?
Alright, so now you are confused between which one should you choose for your Windows PC from Antivirus, Internet Security and Total Security? Well, if you ask us, we would recommend you get a good Total Security Suite for your Windows PC as it will provide you with the complete solution for protection against the web, malware attacks and much more.
If you are someone who is just afraid of the online fraud, then you might go with an Internet Security Suite. And if you are low on the budget, then you can get an Anti-Virus software for your Windows PC. So that’s it guys, this was our take on the Difference between Antivirus and Internet Security and Total Security 2020. Let us know what’s your pick from Antivirus and Internet Security and Total Security 2020 in the comments section down below.