To attract massive traffic to your blog, it is necessary that the Giant search engines such as Google will like your BlogSpot blog. It is like human relations in which people first know each other and then share things, similarly knowing is also necessary between Google and your blog. It becomes possible when you create a sitemap for blogger and submit to Google webmaster (search console).
Google Webmaster is a free tool to easily index your website or blog. You need to submit XML sitemap in webmaster for indexing the content of your blogger blog in Google. Once you submit blogger sitemap, it provides better crawling rate to your blog and improves the visibility in Search results.
Your website or blog must be indexed in search engines if you are willing to have huge organic traffic. Each time you update existing blog post or publish new posts, the sitemap helps search engines to index and crawls your blog easily.
Sitemap reduces the burden of bloggers by automatically indexing the web pages. So, each time, when you create a blog on Blogspot, just add sitemap in the webmaster. In this post, you are going to learn – how to create sitemap for blogger and submit in Google Search Engine.
How to Create Sitemap for Blogger
In order to submit sitemap for blogger, you need to prove the authorship of your blog to the Google. So, first we verify the authorship through Google webmaster and then add the sitemap. This goes into simple steps which are as follows.
- Go to http://ctrlq.org/blogger/
- Enter your Blogger blog URL and click on Generate Sitemap.
- Copy the xml code .
- Log in your Blogger Account and select the blog you want to submit sitemap for.
- Paste the xml code as shown in the below screenshot and press save changes.
- Now go to webmaster tool and Click on Add a property.
- Paste your blog URL and click on continue.
- Click on alternate method and then choose Html Tag
- Copy the code and follow the path given below.
Your blog>Template>Edit HTML
and then paste the code into the header section and click on save.
- Then get back to the webmaster tool and click on verify and then Click on continue.
How to Submit Blogger Sitemap
- click on Add a sitemap.
- Copy the below code and paste into the text box.
- Click on submit sitemap.
- Click on Refresh.
- Now you are done. The sitemap has been submitted successfully.
This sitemap status may be showing pending status for 2 or more days. The days depend upon the size of your blog. Each you create new blogger blog, you should add the sitemap to Webmaster. By this way, Google can easily crawl your blog. Generally, Google automatically crawls each website and blog, but it takes time. So, it is better to manually submit your blog for accelerating the indexing process.
Over to you
I tried my best to make this process simple and easier for you. If you liked my efforts, kindly share it on your facebook timeline ask your friends to share it too.