Whenever we talk about one of the most popular eCommerce platforms, Shopify clinched the show completely. eCommerce entrepreneurs always consider Shopify while setting up their online store as it simplifies the process by eliminating the need to write a single line of code.
So, all and all, Shopify is a ready-made option for those who want to sell online but don’t have much experience.
With over 8,50,000 active stores and around 2 million members, Shopify has processed billions of orders and continues to be immensely popular.
To enhance the ease of usage. Performance and reliability are added to the complete flexibility of the Shopify platform; it makes every corner smooth by providing the below advantages:
- Usability: Shopify is the easiest platform to use.
- Design: There are a plethora of attractive themes available.
- Uptime: Uptime and speed with minimal stress
- Support: Shopify has several accredited partners who can assist you. Apps: Shopify has by far the greatest app for selling.
- Integration: Ordoro integration for dropshipping
- Pricing: Pricing plans that scale as your business grows.
As the technological advancements sink in, if we look around, we will find various Shopify alternatives available in the market, but what are those alternatives. I will make everything clear about why we should go with those alternatives in this article. Let’s move on and hit the right point.
Shopify isn’t a one-size-fits-all solution, and it can’t handle some specific requirements.
If you’re already paying for a content management system (CMS), such as WordPress, you could be annoyed by the extra cost of the second platform. If you’re an artist, you can find yourself paying for features you don’t need or don’t want to learn how to utilize.
Other companies, fortunately, fill in the spaces that giants like Shopify have left unfilled. If you try a few of them, you could find that an option to switch to Shopify is better for you.
Let’s know about them:
6 Best Shopify Alternatives for 2022
You will be getting the Best Shopify alternatives in the list given below. If you are looking for a second choice, then this list will surely help you to have alternative to Shopify.
BigCommerce is an industry leader with a robust set of conventional ecommerce platform capabilities. The extensive feature set makes it a viable Shopify alternative for 2022.
Besides, BigCommerce stands out in the SaaS market as one of the most popular platforms for businesses looking to create their bespoke website. It comes with a variety of templates. You need to pay a low monthly subscription to get hands-on with this. It is ideal for larger businesses and the best Shopify alternative with exclusive features like unlimited bandwidth, SEO, various payment choices, and more.
BigCommerce offers a variety of pricing choices, with the cheapest package starting at roughly $29.95 per month. Although this may appear a bit pricey at first, it’s rather good when you consider all of the features you get.
Some of the more expensive subscriptions, which start at roughly $79.95 per month and go up to $299.95 per month, are a bit pricy.
If you’re looking to develop your business and find new prospects, BigCommerce is a terrific option. There are so many features built into the experience that you won’t need to use an app market like you would with Shopify. BigCommerce is ideal if you want everything in one location.
- Visual tools built-in to aid in the creation of your business
- There are no transaction costs to be concerned about,
- You have unlimited storage, capacity, and product selections.
- There is a large range of free programs to choose from and product reviews and ratings.
- Cross-selling potential is excellent.
- It’s a little difficult to figure out how much something costs.
- Theme selection isn’t the finest.
- It isn’t easy to set up.
The wooCommerce plugin can be a good Shopify option if you’re using (or can use) the WordPress CMS as your basic platform for hosting your store. This plugin is not only free, but it also includes all of the standard ecommerce functionality.
WooCommerce, one of the most dependable WordPress plugins, makes it simple to add ecommerce capabilities to your website.
Besides, WooCommerce is also open-source, distinguishing it from other WordPress-based online shop builders Shopify and becoming the best Shopify alternative.
Because WooCommerce is open source, you don’t have to pay anything to get it; you may download and use the program for free. You will, however, have to pay for other services to have your website up and to operate.
WooCommerce is a cutting-edge solution for those with the creativity and professional skills to create their online store from the ground up. If you enjoy WordPress and are confident in your ability to manage your complete business backend on your own, WooCommerce could be the right fit for you.
- There are no limits to your ingenuity when meeting your needs.
- There are a plethora of low-cost hosting solutions available.
- There is no limit to the number of items or services you can offer.
- Provides maximum flexibility and creativity.
- Technical knowledge is required, and there are other additional costs to consider.
Squarespace is not just a generic ecommerce platform for regular businesses; it also has specific capabilities for artists, musicians, bloggers, and other professions, all for a low monthly fee of $26, making it one of the best Shopify alternatives for 2022.
Squarespace is ideal for use with various plugins and social media sites, and it provides access to a wealth of useful features.
A cover-page builder, G-Suite connection, and Getty image installation are all available with it. This could be the tool for you if your goal is to establish a trustworthy web presence with amazing content.
You have to pay for what you require. In addition, customer service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. If you only need basic capabilities, there is a plan that starts at $18 per month, but rates might vary depending on the services you require. If you wish to start selling online, you’ll need at least the Commerce plan.
Squarespace is ideal for businesses that want the flexibility to make creative modifications to their website and stand out from the crowd. This fantastic tool features a builder similar to Wix and is incredibly straightforward to use.
- Integrations with social networking tools are excellent.
- There are templates available for any sector.
- Budget-friendly options.
- Excellent for round-the-clock assistance
- You’ll get a free domain if you sign up for a yearly plan.
- There are a few expensive transaction costs.
- Extensions do not have their app store.
- Only a limited number of payment alternatives are available.
This cutting-edge website creation service, which is hosted, provides an experience comparable to Shopify. You don’t have to worry about backend management and security when using a hosted service.
However, compared to Shopify competitors, this is one of the more affordable Shopify alternatives available for 2022, making it great for small enterprises and individuals on a tight budget. Wix also has a drag-and-drop website builder.
Wix has transaction fees to consider, but you get a free SSL certificate, which could help you save some money.
Wix is one of the more cost-effective Shopify competitors, with a price plan that starts with a free option if you only need basic capabilities.
Upgrade to the Business Basic plan, which starts at $23 per month, to access ecommerce solutions. The more features you want, the more money you’ll have to spend. For individuals who can’t afford to compromise on-site performance, there’s also a Business VIP suite with complete capabilities.
If you’re searching for a simple and uncomplicated way to get started establishing a business with minimum technical skills and help, Wix is a great option. There are a lot of themes to help you get started, and you receive a lot of capabilities to help you build your brand’s online presence.
- There are a lot of themes to choose from when it comes to customizing your website.
- Customers can choose from a variety of safe payment choices.
- There are numerous plugins and apps to pick from.
- It all begins with a free plan.
- Discounts are one approach to developing loyal clients.
- Ecommerce features that aren’t overly complicated
- Data export is difficult.
Weebly is an excellent option for the other platforms if you seek another easy-to-use platform. You won’t receive as many features as Shopify. Still, their highest plan is somewhat less expensive thanShopify’ss Basic Plan, so if you’re on a budget, Weebly is the best Shopify alternative for 2022.
Weebly is an excellent choice for anyone looking for simplicity right out of the box. Weebly is a user-friendly website builder that provides easy access to everything from social media plugins to Google analytics and payment processing capabilities.
Weebly’s pricing is fairly inexpensive, starting at roughly $9 per month, with a free tier available if you only need the most basic functionality. The personal plan includes a custom domain, while the professional plan, which costs $16 per month, has additional business capabilities.
If you wish to run an online store, you should go with the $29 per month plan. The more money you spend, the more options you’ll have.
Weebly is a great option for novices who don’t want to spend a lot of money on their store; you can create a nice website without spending a lot of money, and there’s even a free tier to get you started. The platform is simple to use, and the lack of a learning curve allows you to get started right away.
- Lots of flexible theme options to pick from a wide assortment of apps to explore.
- Excellent for beginners and one of the simplest tools on the market
- Areas for team collaboration and membership
- With a free tier, the pricing is reasonable.
- The backup system is not good.
- Issues with image editing.
#6 Big Cartel
Big Cartel is a cutting-edge platform for ecommerce, blogging, and WordPress websites. It provides SEO tools, payment processing, your domain name, and SSL certificates, similar to Shopify. Big Cartel, like Shopify, is a fully-hosted service, so you won’t have to deal with the learning curve that comes with running your online store.
Big Cartel is perhaps one of the easiest Shopify alternatives to use. There are no transaction costs, and you’ll have no trouble handling things like infinite products, order processing, and more because it was designed for simplicity and convenience of use.
Big Cartel is a terrific solution for smaller businesses just starting started with internet sales. You can sell up to five items for free without entering any credit card information. Monthly fees for 50 products are $9.99, while monthly fees for 250 products are $19.99. You can sell up to 500 products for $29.99 per month with no listing fees.
Big Cartel is the best option for small businesses that are just starting started with internet sales. If you only have a few things to sell, you might be able to run your business for free. Plus, once you’ve mastered the available capabilities, Big Cartel makes scaling simple, allowing you to construct your store as you want.
- To assist you in getting started, there is a free plan available.
- Lots of branding possibilities for custom domains Great for making your website stand out Easy to operate with a user-friendly back end
- There are no transaction fees to pay.
- Inventory control is simple.
- Requires some coding skills.
- There is no advanced help available.
There is no such platform that fits all solutions, so picking the best ecommerce platform is no easy feat. I have discussed all the best Shopify alternatives for 2022 for a successful online store.
The main thing is to demonstrate the working, advantages, disadvantages, and pricing plans of various platforms. With this information, you can easily select the best Shopify alternative per your business requirements.