Opening an e-commerce store has become the go-to option for businesses since online shopping became mainstream. Building a successful e-commerce store requires much more than merely spending massive bucks on advertising. For instance, SEO, organic traffic, and sales are co-dependent.
Here is a compilation of some killer SEO tips that can provide your e-commerce store the necessary boost in terms of traffic, sales and the overall revenue. Consider this guide as a digital marketing course to skyrocket your business.
Site Building Tips
Your site is the best tool to provide your users with a killer first impression. Thus, it is essential to focus on building an impressive site structure before moving on to undertaking more in-depth SEO measures.
1. One of the most overlooked facts by a majority of e-commerce stores is the increasing population of mobile users. Make sure you optimize your site for mobile as soon as possible.
2. In order to build trust and protect customer data, build your site on HTTPS. Google considers it to be more credible and thus, your site’s SEO increases.
3. Another critical aspect that determines the success of your site is its loading speed. Since the competitors are merely a click away, a slow loading site can increment your bounce rate to a great extent.
4. When your peak sales season arrives, build backlinks of exceptional quality to raise your rankings.
5. Appealing meta descriptions enhance your CTR. It might not affect your ranking directly but a better CTR has the potential to enhance your online presence.
6. Include the category, subcategory, and the product name in your URL and make sure you do it in a way preferred by Google.
7. Include separate content and keywords for different category pages such as men’s and women’s fashion.
8. Include a 301-redirect URL for products that are unavailable or expired. The new page will attain the SEO value.
9. You can improve the site structure and internal linking with the help of e-commerce breadcrumbs.
10. Adding alt text to images helps the search engine bots to crawl and bring organic traffic through image search. It is also a handy feature for the visually impaired as they can understand your images.
11. Your product pages should have social media sharing handles so that people can share the product they find useful in their peer group. This can further aid in increasing your sales.
12. Include the keyword in the title tag to catch the attention of users. The length of the title should be somewhere between 60-70 words.
- 16+ Creative Title Generator Tools. Which’s Your Favorite?
- 300+ Catchy Words List to Write Unique And Powerful Titles
13. Optimize the marketplace SEO for a tremendous boost in sales.
14. To decrease your site’s loading time consider compressing the images.
15. Ensure that your users can navigate products according to a category.
16. Use internal linking to suggest relevant products or related purchases for boosting sales.
17. Internal linking and enhancing the speed of loading can help in declining the bounce rate significantly.
18. Add a live chat feature to double the conversion rate.
19. You can also convert those 404 error pages to a sales-driving tool.
20. Robots.txt file and a sitemap is a must for Google indexing.
21. If you wish to rank pages for particular words or phrases, use the keyword instead of generic terms like ‘click here’ in the anchor text.
22. Use the product name in the meta title to provide the user exactly with what they are on the lookout for.
23. Long-tail keywords can enhance your organic traffic by thousands. Focus on them instead of incorporating short-tail keywords.
24. Your ‘About Us’ page should provide relevant information about your services to users and Google without sounding too promotional.
25. Don’t blindly drive all your attention to search engines. The content is for real humans. Make it understandable and simplified.
26. Optimize your call to action button according to the occasion. Bring out offers and discounts from time to time.
27. SSL certificate activation is a must as Google gives sites with a better security a higher preference and authority.
28. Limit underscores and special symbols for URLs. Make them keyword rich for Google to rank your site higher.
29. Also, include keywords for specific category pages for your website.
30. Display the most popular and attractive products on your homepage to kickstart your sales as soon as users enter your site.
31. Make use of canonical tags to prioritize your web pages and organize content. Avoid duplicate pages.
32. Use structured header tags for product pages for improving the site’s HTML structure.
33. In order to enhance your organic CTR, use ‘Buy Online’ and other similar terms to provide the users with a means to purchase even before they open the product description.
34. Reduce the size of the images to 70 KB or less to ensure a proper loading speed on mobile devices.
35. When a product is out of stock, don’t leave the respective page blank. Instead, prompt the users to enter their email for receiving a notification when the product is back in stock.
36. Create posts that compare two products in detail.
37. Include rich text in product descriptions to give Google a chance to rank you in the best possible way.
38. Include at least 1000 words worth of content and sprinkle the keyword throughout.
39. Use offers such as ‘free shipping’ to enhance CTR.
40. Countdowns that induce urgency, for instance, ‘3 days to go!’ have the potential to boost the sales in a stupendous manner.
41. Feature the content generated by users to improvise on your SEO and better product descriptions.
42. Keep seasonal trends in mind to customize offers.
43. Consider using holiday gifts for users as a means of boosting your site’s traffic and conversions.
44. Write persuasive blog posts and combine content marketing with other digital marketing tactics.
45. Write compelling descriptions using power words and specific language to catch users’ attention.
46. Add video content for product demos to increase user engagement.
47. Creating funnel based content can help you in giving customers the final push to make a purchase. For instance, you can include the benefits of a particular product in a blog post to increase the chances for a successful conversion.
48. Use keywords, introductory para, bullet points for features, and a conclusion for product descriptions to make them valuable.
49. Pura Vida uses free phone wallpapers as a tool to drive more traffic. Incorporate a similar strategy besides long-form blog posts.
50. Long-form blog posts are the best to increase organic traffic.
Tips To Increase Brand Awareness:-
51. Create engaging content by comparing your competitor’s products with your own. This provides you with an edge in the fierce competition.
52. Using a schema markup, display the reviews and star ratings of a product near it in close vicinity of the user.
53. Paid search is a great tool for increasing brand awareness. Make sure you utilize it appropriately for increasing organic purchase.
54. Make use of social proofs and personal recommendations as 85% of customers rely on these parameters.
55. List your product on Amazon or some other best selling platform and link it back to your website to drive more sales.
56. Implement guest blogging to strengthen links pointing to your site and increasing the flow of organic traffic to your content.
57. Maintain a certain level of consistency in branding to keep your rankings and CTR high.
58. The content on your product pages increases when your buyers have an option to leave reviews.
59. Contact established bloggers to review your products on their sites. This provides a personalized touch and acts as a great tool in increasing your conversions.
60. Apart from producing outstanding content, share it to as many platforms as possible. It builds links that are relevant to Google.
61. Check for broken links on websites found for a specific keyword. Contact the website owners to replace inoperative links with your own.
62. Use the power of affiliate programs to build links as well as drive more sales for your store. Poster Gilly built a marketplace of 1 million dollars by using this method.
63. For a change, instead of writing promotional content, switch to providing real and genuine reviews of your products.
64. Bidding on branded PPC terms can aid you in making a mark in the organic search results for your domain and makes sure that all searches prompt a click to your site.
65. Give high-quality product descriptions with the help of rich snippets. This helps in increasing your click-through rate.
66. Jimmy Hickey’s secret behind driving a massive sales volume is participation in Reddit forums. Utilize this technique to spread awareness and building links.
67. List your business on Moz local to increase sales from your e-commerce store as well as your local store.
68. Yelp is another application that can aid in boosting local sales and drive organic traffic via search terms.
69. Sponsoring local events and conferences on sites with high authority increases brand awareness. Practice this strategy for increasing brand recognition.
70. Practice cross promotions to build natural links that Google prefers.
71. Send email drip messages to users for giving a review for their purchase.
72. Enable tracking systems such as analytics to gain an insight into what your users are interested in.
73. Analyze your keywords and search terms from time to time and keep them updated. It is necessary to be at par with the latest trends.
74. If you wish to avail the benefits of a low cost per click and a higher rate of conversion, consider using Google Shopping.
75. With the help of tools such as Crazy Egg, you can determine the navigation practices of users to optimize sales strategy.
76. Install Yoast SEO plugin to handle on-page SEO.
77. Moz’s Open Site Explorer to perform a competitor research for analyzing how your competitors are gaining backlinks.
78. High-intent keywords relevant to purchase can be found by using tools like AdWords Keyword Planner.
80. Improve the targeting of relevant and popular keywords by using the Search Console.
81. You can also use suggestions by Amazon to optimize your keywords accordingly.
82. Pinterest is known to increase site traffic by loads. Use it to enhance your organic traffic.
83. Use AddThis for imbibing social media sharing buttons.
84. With the help of Siteliner, you can scan any duplicate content and get it taken care of.
85. Increase your chances of being displayed for multiple keywords by using LSI Keyword Generator. This also generates semantically related keywords.
86. By using mentions, you can get notified whenever there is a mention of your brand name without a link. You can then contact the website owner to include your site’s link.
87. Select a short and sweet name that describes your site in the best possible way.
88. ScreamingFrog crawls through duplicate content and 404 errors to make you aware of the discrepancies to be dealt with.
89. For reducing your time performing keyword research, use Keyword Tool Dominator to scrape out relevant keywords from Youtube, Amazon, and Google.
90. In order to optimize the on-site structure of your store and gain product category insights, make use of Amazon suggestions.
91. Enhance the readability of the structure of your content as it takes less than 7 seconds for a user to switch his or her attention to a competitor website.
92. Use a graphic designing tool such as Canva to create a link bait of content relevant to your industry.
93. Creating free demos and video content with the help of Biteable.
94. You can get an idea of product tags at the bottom of search results. You will find plenty of keywords that you can use in your content.
95. In order to achieve a simple and quick win, target the keywords that are already ranking well for the second page using Ahrefs.
96. Raven Tools can be used for carrying out online audits and uncover issues related to SEO. This will help you fix any problems that might arise with your site.
97. Keywords that have a high intent for purchase are beneficial. Scout for them using SEMRUSH and by examining your competitors’ existing PPC terms.
98. The free Mobile Testing Tool by Google provides an insight into the discrepancies with your mobile store and suggest ways to fix them.
99. You can help users and promote your products simultaneously using Quora by answering questions.
100. For boosting your traffic and CTR, use Quick Sprout for on-page SEO analysis.
101. Be realistic and consistent to achieve marketing and SEO goals.
these are some amazing 101 E-commerce SEO Tips for your site. Implement them and see the changes in ranking because these are the crucial things for every E-commerce site.
Hey Reader, Welcome to MyQuickIdea. I am Nikhil Saini, started MyquickIdea as a passion and now it’s now covering different topics like Blogging, SEO, Marketing, Technology, Finance, Stock Market, Fintech, etc. I always prefer pushing quality content for my readers. I hope you would be liking it.